I’m working on bringing you the absolutely BEST book that I can! It’s my goal to publish Walt Disney World with Autism: A Special Needs Guide by the end of 2015.
Readers will learn:
- How to prepare themselves and their children with Autism for the intensity of the Walt Disney World experience, both mentally and physically
- How to involve your child’s teachers and therapists in the preparation process
- How to successfully plan for the logistics of a Walt Disney World vacation with their child’s special needs in mind
- How to manage specific sensory, behavior, communication and safety challenges while at the theme parks
- How to assist teens and young adults with Autism to cope with the demands of a Walt Disney World vacation while fostering their independence
- How to balance the needs of the entire family, including typical siblings and grandparents, with the needs of the child with Autism
- How to plan for and request dietary accommodations for Gluten-Free and other special diets
- How to access theme park services and accommodations, in particular, the Disability Access Service Card
- How to tour Walt Disney World with a Trained Autism Service Dog
- How to take advantage of local resources available to families with Autism
- And much, much more!
Thanks so much for your interest in Walt Disney World with Autism: A Special Needs Guide!